Mass production of USB Type-C connector parts is available!!
Compatible to both plug and receptacle!
About the USB Type-C ™
The USB Type-C connector attracts worldwide attention as a future generation of USB connectors. For next generation smartphones and various connectors, standardization of Type-C connectors is progressing and it is expected that they will become more popular in the future.
Prior to this demand, JANDC manufactures and sells C-type connector parts.
(Manufactured in Japan)
Features of Type-C connector
- Small size
- Almost the same dimension as Micro USB : 8.4mm×2.6mm
- Connectable regardless of up and down
- High-speed transfer
- Transfer speed is about twice of the USB 3.0 =” 10 Gbps “
- Expansion of usage range
- From power supply to video output is possible with one cable.
A connector to be attached to a cable is called a plug (male), and a connector to be attached to a smartphone, a personal computer, etc. is called a receptacle(female).
We can handle both of these products.
Benefits of our production
USB Type-C ShellThe drawing process realizes a seamless high hardness product! (compatible to both plug and receptacle)
- Point01High hardness (hardness up to HV 400)
- Point02Because of Deep-Drawing the connection part gets smooth surface without concave /convex.
- Point03We have precision processing technology of drawing dies and can respond to mass production.
Currently, many metal shell products are made by curling flat plates and caulking the joints, but our press parts are characterized by being manufactured by drawing process.
Drawing is one of the metal plate forming methods, which is a processing method for making a container with a bottom such as a cylinder, a square tube, a cone, etc. from a thin metal plate. It is characterized by no seams in the molded product.
Waterproof technology for USB Type-C connector partsWaterproof/ dustproof performance is compatible to”IP67 / IP68 grade” (Receptacle compatible)
We manufacture our products using the most advanced molding technology as follows.
- Point01Self-adhesive material liquid silicone rubber
- Point02The latest molding machines and precision dies made in Japan
- Point03Fully automated production by LIMS (liquid silicone rubber injection molding system)
LIMS （Liquid Injection Molding System）
LIMS is an abbreviation for Liquid Injection Molding System.
It means a molding processing system realized by combining liquid silicone rubber with excellent properties and a molding machine that precisely and stably injects this.
- 01.Type-C Shells are input automatically
- 02.Grab with mechanical arm
- 03.Silicone injection
- 04.Display with mechanical arm
- 05.Products are output automatically.